Join us all November for our 1st annual Digital Inclusion Month. NeighborWorks Salt Lake and Les Olson Company are working together to bridge the digital divide and provide digital education to the community. We will be hosting digital education courses, providing laptops (to those that qualify and doing giveaways. Follow along all month for your chance to win and learn more about the digital landscape.
- The Sorenson Technology Center (located at 1383 S 900 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84104) offers free computer access and printing Monday through Friday.
- Utah Community Connect has created a state-wide Public Wifi Access Map that shows locations near you that provide free wifi and services.
- The Salt Lake Education Foundation has promo codes available to allow Salt Lake City School District households to sign up for Comcast Internet Essentials at no charge. See your school or call (801) 578-8268 for more information.
- Digital Resources for Small Businesses and Entrepreneurship
What is Digital Inclusion?
Digital Inclusion refers to the activities necessary to ensure that all individuals and communities, including the most disadvantaged, have access to and use of Information and Communication Technologies.
Digital Inclusion can look like:
- Helping a neighbor set up their email account
- Public access technology in safe facilities, with adequate levels of privacy,
security, and accessibility for people with disabilities.
- Learning how to work on Google Drive or Microsoft Suites
- Public libraries offering free wireless services, and digital E-books and databases
- Employers offering trainings and assistance with technology
- Patient-centered designs that allow patients to easily access to online health information systems and medical records
- Coordination between schools, libraries, and community-based technology
centers to maximize delivery of in-school and out-of-school student learning tools
Les Olson Company
Les Olson is our office technology partner at NeighborWorks Salt Lake. They offer products and services necessary for businesses-from computers to servers and data backup solutions. We have partnered with Les Olson Company for their expertise and insights on these digital topics, and the generously provided hardware for giveaways! Learn more about Les Olson Company and their commitment to community.
Bridging The Gap
We are looking to donate headphones, laptops and various technology to families, students or community members in need. If you would like to nominate someone you know who would benefit from this giveaway, please enter a name and contact information below:
NeighborWorks® Salt Lake
Salt Lake Office
622 West 500 North
Salt Lake City, UT 84116
NeighborWorks® Salt Lake
4843 S Poplar Street
Murray, UT 84107