For FY 2016...
Community Based Economic Development
Collaborates with local businesses to enhance properties, attract new business and increase economic investment.
· Hosted Get into the Jordan River signature event.
· Secured $20,000 for the North Temple Banner Program.
· Deployed $28,000 in Façade Improvement Grant and secured $90,000 in new facade funds for Westside businesses.
· Facilitated a $3 million dollar restaurant expansion with the RDA.
· Filled three vacant buildings with tenants on 800 W North Temple.
Community Building and Organizing
Creates opportunities for residents to build leadership skills to engage in responding to community needs.
· Over 2500 volunteer hours donated, valued at over $45,000.
· 14 houses painted and $23,000 donated to our annual Paint Your Heart Out charity event.
· 45 graduates from the Westside Leadership Institute resulting in $4,500 in project grants deployed in the community.
· 17 residents participated in the National NeighborWorks America Community Learning Institute resulting in a $4,000 investment in community impact projects.
A neighborhood based program that assists youth ages 14-18 in hands-on, pre-employment and life-skills training.
· 34 youth graduated from the program.
· Teams completed 24 community service projects valued at $41,000 of in kind hours.
· Participants completed 720 hours of construction training.
· High school attendance averaged 86% with grades averaging 74% while in the program.
Home Ownership Services
Offers pre-purchase counseling, homebuyer education, 1st and 2nd mortgages and home improvement loans.
· Funded 4 mortgages for a total investment of $138,495.
· Facilitated 120 loans for an investment of $11,478,633.
· 98 Clients completed over 880 hours of Homebuyer Education.
· 147 clients attended Pre-purchase Counseling.
Real Estate Development
Renovates problem properties, develops vacant land, and builds affordable and market rate, single and multifamily housing.
· Rehabilitated 10 real estate owned properties, valued at $2,062,600.
· Sold 4 single family residential homes, valued at $735,000.
· Strategically acquired 3 problem properties, valued at $560,000.
· Invested $2,000,040 of $5,800,000 in Marmalade Court’s 30-unit development.